Setting up Arduino IDE for evive
Components required: evive, USB cable and a computer
One of the simplest environments for programming evive is the Arduino IDE. These steps will walk you through downloading and setting it up to use with evive.
- The Arduino IDE can be downloaded from the official website. The instructions for installation on Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems can be found there. Note: Please note that evive needs a version of the IDE >= 1.6, so in case you already have the IDE installed on your computer please update it.
- Download evive’s firmware from here. Unzip the file (using a software like 7-zip), go to the extracted files and open >>evive.ino. This should open the file evive.ino in Arduino IDE.
- Plug one end of the USB cable provided into evive, and the other end into a USB jack of your computer.
- In the menu bar near the top of the screen, navigate to Tools->Board and select “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560”. This should also automatically set the processor to “ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)“
- Now select the serial port at which evive is connected, by navigating to Tools->Port and choosing the appropriate port. It should be the one which says in brackets “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560”.
Note: The port submenu will be active only if evive is plugged in and the driver was successfully installed by your operating system. Please see the Troubleshooting Guide for more information.
- Upload the code by clicking on the upload button (second from the left), as shown in the figure
- You will see “Done Uploading” message once the code is uploaded.